Rates above JLC agreements
Assists the Datacentre Security Team in the provision of Security Services and related operations to the Clients’ Datacentres.
Responsibilities: Upholding high attention to detail, adhering to strict standard operating procedures, maintaining professional client services to staff and visitors, while always ensuring protection of the client assets and property.
- Under the direct control of the Datacentre Supervisor, conducting roaming patrols of assigned interior and exterior areas of the Datacentre.
- Security Officers are responsible for providing Security to all external and internal entry/exit points, loading bays, high value asset areas and restricted high business impact locations.
- Maintenance of all logs and records in accordance with the instructions contained in applicable Datacentre Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or other instructions issued.
- Security Officers are held fully accountable for successful job performance.
- Identifies Security shortfalls via the organisational chain of command and offers suggestions for improving the Security program.
- Responds swiftly to critical events and alarms throughout the facility at the direction of the Datacentre Supervisor.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of Client/Company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of any unsafe working conditions or practices.
- Adaptable approach and understanding to the business needs. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
- Methodical organised approach to work
- Team player
- Can work unsupervised
- Excellent timekeeper
- Flexible approach to work
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all the training that has been agreed necessary for the Datacentre
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI’s).
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- Always wear the uniform/PPE provided correctly, ensuring all items are clean and pressed. To maintain an excellent level of personal grooming and hygiene always.
- Maintain a helpful, interested, and courteous approach to all team members, Client’s staff, and the public, as applicable in order to uphold a highly professional image.
Minimum hiring standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a reliable means of communication
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private)
- Must have the legal right to work in the Republic of Ireland
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation
- Must be willing to participate in enhanced screening by an external third party
- Must hold a valid Private Security Authority PSA (Ireland) Security Licence
- Must meet and continue to maintain additional background clearance checks as required by Client
- Must be able to obtain a valid Irish Safe Pass, position dependent
- Must be able to pass and maintain First Aid, CPR and AED certifications, position dependent
- Excellent PC Skills and a knowledge of the Lenel system is desirable
- Work experience in the Security industry Minimum 1 year Data Centre Physical security
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable Irish licensing requirements for Security Officers
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorisations specified for the assigned accounts.
- Knowledge of Security operations and procedures
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Capable of learning a variety of Security and Safety devices and controls and trains for promotion to Datacentre Supervisor
- Ability to track and maintain scheduled assignments
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of the project team
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to adapt to changes in the internal and external environment and organisation
Working conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform all essential functions effectively.
- In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background, screening and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioural selection survey
- Ability to multitask
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
- Regular talking and hearing
- Conducting oral presentations and group meetings
- Reading and analysing reports, including related computer usage
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies, alarms, and incidents at all times whilst of duty
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €13.00 – €15.00 per hour
Work remotely: No