About our client:
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of injectable pharmaceuticals and biotechnology devices and solutions. Their global operation is made up of almost 10,000 team members across 50 sites worldwide. They manufacture over 40 billion components and devices each year.
Our client’s challenge:
Our client is continuing to expand its operations through significant success in the Irish market. This has resulted in the design and build of new buildings and increased capacity on their large campus site.
As a provider of life changing solutions, they are business that needs well designed security and fire strategies.
In 2020, we were involved in the designing of the fire and security solution for a new building on a campus in Damastown. Very quickly it became increasingly apparent that it was necessary to bring the security operations of both buildings together, on this state-of-the-art development. Our solution was to create a secure fibre network, solely for security, which will ensure our client benefits from one integrated and central system.
Our brief was to design a fire and security strategy that would transform our client’s campus with round the clock and responsive monitoring.
- Phase one: We completed the installation of an Access Control System in their new purpose-built facility. This included access control fit-out of 100+ doors and the upgrade of the existing system to create one fully integrated solution.
- Phase two: Through an improved fire and security strategy, we consolidated the two buildings with one integrated solution to provide a new virtual monitoring station and CCTV analytics linked to our control room. Part of this solution was the installation of a fibre network to allow both fire and security systems to operate from a central point onsite – a new security reception. This new reception area enables full control of all electronic security services onsite with the added security of the client’s visitor management system also being located here. All of this was achieved without any impact on the day-to-day operations of the site.
Outcome for our client:
- More control through the new security reception and improved data analytics through the installation of ANPR cameras and multi-view of all campus security systems.
- We also installed over 200 cameras and access control for 200 doors.
- We improved security and access control to the site by enabling security to view and manage both Building 1 & Building 2 site entrances and put in place traffic control through the installation of ANPR, which also speeds up the process of access.
- With the new infrastructure, our client now has the potential to reduce security costs of circa €700,000 over three years.
Installation of a fully managed turnstile in both buildings with the application of external turnstiles to manage and track the movement of staff between both buildings. This allows for instance traceability of all employees, contractors and visitors in the event of an emergency.